On·cic·o·la | \ änˈsikələ\
Definition of Oncicola
: a genus of small acanthocephalan worms having the adults parasitic in the intestines of dogs and coyotes and the infective larvae encysted in turkeys and armadillos
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game