Definition of North Central
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the states of the Mississippi Valley and the Great Lakes region lying north of the Ohio River and the southern boundaries of Kansas and Missouri and between the eastern boundaries of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado and the western boundary of Pennsylvania
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game