Definition of North Central
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the states of the Mississippi Valley and the Great Lakes region lying north of the Ohio River and the southern boundaries of Kansas and Missouri and between the eastern boundaries of Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado and the western boundary of Pennsylvania
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game