Definition of New Side
: of, relating to, or constituting a more liberal division among American Presbyterians resulting from a great religious awakening in the colonies beginning about 1734, favoring revivalism and employing its methods, and separating from Old Side Presbyterians in 1741 but reuniting with them in 1758
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game