Nelson bighorn sheepnoun
Definition of Nelson bighorn sheep
: a large dark-coated wild sheep that is a variety (Ovis Canadensis nelsoni) of the bighorn distinguished by its very large horns and now rare over much of its range in the mountainous regions of western North America
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game