Myr·ta·les | \ mərˈtā(ˌ)lēz \
Definition of Myrtales
: an order of dicotyledonous herbs, shrubs, or trees including among others the Myrtaceae, Melastomaceae, Lythraceae, Rhizophoraceae, and Onagraceae and having simple leaves, flowers with inferior compound ovary and numerous ovules, and capsular or baccate fruit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game