Mus·ca·ri | \ ˌməˈskāˌrī\
Definition of Muscari
: a genus of Old World bulbous herbs (family Liliaceae) having narrow fleshy leaves and racemes or spikes of urn-shaped flowers with the lower portion of the perianth segments united — see grape hyacinth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game