Mo·ri·o·ri | \ ¦mōrē¦ōrē, ¦mȯrē¦ȯrē\
plural Moriori or Morioris
Definition of Moriori
1a : an extinct people surviving until very recent times in the Chatham islands, east of New Zealand
b : a member of such people
2 : the Austronesian language of the Moriori
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game