Definition of Moontype
: a system of large embossed letters used in printing for the blind and especially for those blinded late in life that requires less finger sensitivity than braille, consists of nine characters derived from Roman capital letters and used in varying position to denote the whole alphabet, and is used with full orthography, the lines being printed alternately from left to right and right to left
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game