Definition of Monaco
1 tiny country in southern Europe on the Mediterranean coast of France; a principality noted for casino gambling and tourism area 480 acres (194 hectares), population 31,109
2 commune and capital of the principality of Monaco situated on a rocky headland projecting into the Mediterranean Sea population 975
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game