Mo·los·si·an | \ məˈläsh(ē)ən, -äsēən, -äsyən\
Definition of Molossian
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a native or inhabitant of Molossis, a district of ancient Epirus famous for its dogs
2 : a large dog of ancient times resembling a mastiff
Definition of Molossian (Entry 2 of 2)
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the ancient district of Molossis or Molossians
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?