Mo·lisch reaction | \ ˈmōlish-\
variants: or Molisch test
Definition of Molisch reaction
: a test for carbohydrate in which a reddish violet color is formed by reaction with alpha-naphthol in the presence of concentrated sulfuric acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?