variants: or less commonly Mocha
Definition of Mocha ware
: a coarse English earthenware with soft buff body decorated with colored bands and brush patterns (as of seaweed, earthworms, and tree silhouettes) and made especially in Staffordshire from the late 18th to the early 20th century
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?