Definition of Middle Atlantic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of or relating to the region of the U.S. that includes all or some of the states between New York and South Carolina the Middle Atlantic region
2 : located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Definition of Middle Atlantic (Entry 2 of 2)
: the region of the U.S. that includes all or some of the states between New York and South Carolina moderate winters in the Middle Atlantic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?