Met·calfe bean | \ ˈmetˌkaf-, -kəf-, -ˌkȧf\
Definition of Metcalfe bean
1 : a prostrate perennial bean (Phaseolus metcalfei) of the southwestern U.S. and adjacent Mexico that is sometimes cultivated for forage
2 : the flat circular brownish black seed of the Metcalfe bean
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?