Met·calfe bean | \ ˈmetˌkaf-, -kəf-, -ˌkȧf\
Definition of Metcalfe bean
1 : a prostrate perennial bean (Phaseolus metcalfei) of the southwestern U.S. and adjacent Mexico that is sometimes cultivated for forage
2 : the flat circular brownish black seed of the Metcalfe bean
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game