Mel·i·coc·ca | \ ˌmeləˈkäkə\
Definition of Melicocca
: a genus of tropical American trees and shrubs (family Sapindaceae) having pinnate leaflets, abruptly tetramerous flowers with a peltate stigma, and a one-seeded or two-seeded berry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?