Mars·de·nia | \ märzˈdēnēə\
Definition of Marsdenia
: a genus of tropical woody vines (family Asclepiadaceae) having small greenish purple flowers with the crown of the corolla consisting of five flat scales united at the base to the androecium — see rank indigo
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?