Marco Polo sheepnoun
Mar·co Po·lo sheep | \ ˈmärˌkōˈpōˌlō-, ˈmȧˌk-\
variants: or Marco Polo's sheep
Definition of Marco Polo sheep
: an Asiatic wild sheep with exceptionally large horns that is considered to be a variety (Ovis ammon poli) of the argali or to constitute a distinct species (O. poli)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?