variants: or less commonly maltipoo
plural Maltipoos also maltipoos
Definition of Maltipoo
: a dog that is a cross between a Maltese and a poodle When former first lady Barbara Bush stayed at her summer home … she often headed to nearby Gooch's Beach to walk her two little Maltipoos, Bibi and Mini-Me.— Beth Quimby Her small dog, a Maltipoo named Saffy, makes its home in a bed next to her door.— Tricia Miller
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game