Definition of Malaysia
1 malay archipelago —a formerly used name
2 country bordering the South China Sea in southeastern Asia, a union of Malaya, Sabah (North Borneo), Sarawak, and (until 1965) Singapore; a federal constitutional monarchy in the Commonwealth of Nations; capital Kuala Lumpur area 128,727 square miles (333,403 square kilometers), population 27,566,000
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game