Definition of Madrid
1 province of central Spain in northwestern New Castile area 3087 square miles (7995 square kilometers), population 6,421,874
2 city, capital of the province of Madrid, and capital of Spain population 3,198,645
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?