Definition of Castile
region and medieval kingdom in central and northern Spain divided by the Sierra de Guadarrama into two regions which were formerly provinces: Old Castile to the north, whose capital was Burgos , and New Castile to the south, whose capital was Toledo
see also castilian
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?