Mac·rau·che·nia | \ ˌmaˌkrȯˈkēnēə\
Definition of Macrauchenia
: a genus (the type of the family Macraucheniidae) of long-necked three-toed Pleistocene mammals (order Litopterna) of South America that had a complete dentition of 44 teeth without a diastema and with pitted incisors like those of the horse, the external nostrils far back, cervical vertebrae resembling those of camels, and other characters suggesting rhinoceroses
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?