Definition of Macedonia
2 or now officially North Macedonia landlocked country in the south central Balkan Peninsula; a federated republic of Yugoslavia 1946–92; capital Skopje area 9928 square miles (25,714 square kilometers), population 2,063,000
— see also macedonian sense 2
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game