Definition of Lyon Court
: a lawcourt and administrative office in Scotland that is headed by the Lord Lyon King of Arms, has jurisdiction over the bearing and display of armorial ensigns, and maintains the public registers of Scottish armorial bearings and genealogies
— called also Court of the Lord Lyon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game