Lucy Sto·ner | \ -stōnə(r) \
plural Lucy Stoners
Definition of Lucy Stoner
: a female advocate of women's rights especially : a married woman who uses her maiden name as a surname the Lucy Stoners and women's rights fighters of her own class at college — Mary McCarthy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game