Lo·schmidt number | \ ˈlōˌshmit-\
Definition of Loschmidt number
: the number of molecules per unit volume of an ideal gas at 0° C and a pressure of 1 atmosphere, its value for 1 cubic centimeter being about 2.7×1019 sometimes : avogadro number
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game