Definition of Liberal Unionist
: a member of a British political group seceding from the Liberals over opposition to home rule for Ireland and maintaining existence as a separate party during the late 19th century the Conservatives and Liberal Unionists were … in power— G. M. Trevelyan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game