Lew·is's woodpecker | \ ˈlüə̇sə̇z-\
Definition of Lewis's woodpecker
: a woodpecker (Asyndesmus lewis) of western North America with the upper parts greenish black, the breast and collar gray, and the face and abdomen rich red
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?