Les·ke·ace·ae | \ ˌleskēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Leskeaceae
: a family of pleurocarpous mosses (order Hypnobryales) that grow on trees and rocks, are typified by the genus Leskea, and are characterized by papillose, rounded, or rhomboid leaves and mostly erect capsules
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?