Lep·to·sphae·ria | \ -ˈsfirēə\
Definition of Leptosphaeria
: a genus of ascomycetous fungi that is commonly placed in the family Sphaeriaceae, is characterized by the production of dark ascospores with five or more septa, and includes saprophytes and a few fungi that are associated with leaf spots or rots of economic plants
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game