Definition of Lepidocarpon
: a form genus of Carboniferous fossil lycopsid plants (order Lepidodendrales) known from strobili with heterosporous megasporangia containing a single mature seedlike megaspore and three abortive megaspores that is sometimes considered to be on the ancestral line of true seed plants
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game