Leit·ne·ria | \ lītˈnireə\
Definition of Leitneria
: a genus (coextensive with the family Leitneriaceae) including solely the corkwood (L. floridana) and being commonly isolated in a distinct order near Myricales
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game