Definition of Lazio
region of central Italy bordering on the Tyrrhenian Sea and traversed by the Tiber River; capital Rome population 5,502,886
Note: Latium was an ancient country inhabited by Latins and is a variant name of the present-day Italian region of Lazio whose boundaries correspond with it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game