Khwa·raz·mi·an | \ kwəˈrazmēən, kwäˈ-\
Definition of Khwarazmian
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : of or relating to the region of Khwarazm
2 : of or relating to the Khwarazmian people
variants: or Khwarezmian \ -rez- \ or Khwarizmian \ -riz- \
Definition of Khwarazmian (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : an Uzbek people
2 : a member of the Khwarazmian people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game