\ i¦ra(ˌ)nō, -rä-, -rȧ-, ī¦ra-, ē¦rä-, ē¦rȧ-+\
Definition of Irano-Afghan
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of, relating to, or characteristic of the people that constitute the chief element in the population of the upland territory extending from western Iran to northern India
Definition of Irano-Afghan (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of the Irano-Afghan people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?