Ibe·ris | \ īˈbirə̇s \
Definition of Iberis
: a genus of Old World mostly glabrous plants (family Cruciferae) having entire or pinnatifid sometimes fleshy leaves and flowers with two long and two short petals succeeded by a broad ovate pod, the herbaceous members being often cultivated for their flat-topped clusters of white or purplish flowers — see candytuft
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game