I don't supposeidiom
Definition of I don't suppose
—used as a polite way of asking someone if they did something or will do something I don't suppose you could help me make dinner?I don't suppose you found the keys, did you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game