I dare sayidiom
variants: or chiefly British I daresay
Definition of I dare say
somewhat formal + old-fashioned
—used when stating one's opinion about something I dare say he's right.This is, I dare say, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game