I dare sayidiom
variants: or chiefly British I daresay
Definition of I dare say
somewhat formal + old-fashioned
—used when stating one's opinion about something I dare say he's right.This is, I dare say, one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game