Definition of Hydrus
: a small southern constellation that is visible between the constellations of Tucana and Mensa and that is represented by the figure of a snake … a small constellation in the southern sky called Hydrus, which means “male water snake.”— Jesse Eisinger and Jake Bernstein, Knoxville (Tennessee) News-Sentinel, 18 Apr. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?