Hy·dru·rus | \ hīˈdru̇rəs\
Definition of Hydrurus
: a genus of colonial plantlike flagellates (order Chrysomonadina) occurring as sticky foul-smelling branched feathery greenish brown tufts in cold flowing water — see hydruraceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game