Hy·drach·ni·dae | \ -nəˌdē\
Definition of Hydrachnidae
in some classifications
: a large family of water mites (group Hydrachnellae) that includes all the common free-living mites of fresh water and a few parasites of the gills of mollusks and that is now usually broken up into numerous separate families
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game