Hy·drach·nel·lae | \ ˌhīˌdrakˈne(ˌ)lē \
Definition of Hydrachnellae
: a superfamily or higher group of Acarina comprising freshwater and marine mites that are usually rather large and often bright red, that have two pairs of eyes, tarsi usually with two claws and without an empodium, and chelicerae with a sickle-shaped movable digit, and that with few exceptions breathe by means of a well-developed tracheal system — see halacaridae , hydrachnidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game