Hir·tel·la | \ (ˌ)hərˈtelə, hir-\
Definition of Hirtella
: a genus of chiefly tropical American shrubs or small trees (family Rosaceae) having axillary or terminal racemes of small white or purplish flowers with numerous stamens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?