Hen·ri·cian | \ henˈrishən\
Definition of Henrician
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a member of a 12th century religious sect in Switzerland and southern France holding that the sacraments are valid only when administered by a priest who lives up to his monastic vows
2 : an advocate of secular supremacy over the church and of the ecclesiastical reforms instituted during the reign of Henry VIII of England
Definition of Henrician (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, or associated with Henry of Lausanne
2 : of or relating to Henry VIII of England or the ecclesiastical measures taken during his reign
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game