Definition of Hausa potato
: an aromatic, perennial herb (Plectranthus rotundifolius synonym Solenostemon rotundifolius) native to tropical Africa and cultivated especially in parts of southern Asia for its edible tubers that are eaten like potatoes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?