Ha·math·ite | \ ˈhāməˌthīt, -ˌmaˌ-\
Definition of Hamathite
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Hamathite (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : of, relating to, or characteristic of Hamath, Syria
2 : of, relating to, or characteristic of the people of Hamath
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game