Hae·mo·do·ra·ce·ae | \ ˌhēmōdəˈrāsēˌē, ˌhem-\
Definition of Haemodoraceae
: a family of chiefly tropical plants (order Liliales) having flowers with three stamens and an inferior ovary arranged in a complex panicled inflorescence
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game