Glir·i·cid·ia | \ ˌglirəˈsidēə \
Definition of Gliricidia
: a genus of low-branching trees (family Leguminosae) with odd-pinnate leaves having 7 to 15 large leaflets, pink flowers borne in great profusion, dark durable wood, and roots that together with the leaves are believed to be poisonous to mice and rats
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game