Glag·o·lit·ic | \ ¦glagə¦litik\
variants: or less commonly Glagolithic \ -lithik \
Definition of Glagolitic
: written in, constituting, or belonging to an alphabet of which the invention is attributed to St. Cyril in the 9th century a.d. and which was formerly used in writing various Slavic languages but is now used only in Catholic liturgical books in a limited area along the eastern coast of the Adriatic — compare cyrillic alphabet
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?