Definition of Germany
Note: Between 1949 and 1990, Germany was divided into two republics: West Germany, officially called the Federal Republic of Germany , to the west (capital Bonn, area about 96,000 square miles, or 249,600 square kilometers) and East Germany, officially called the German Democratic Republic , to the east (capital East Berlin area about 42,000 square miles or 108,780 square kilometers.
see also german entry 1
Keep scrolling for more
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game