Definition of Germany
Note: Between 1949 and 1990, Germany was divided into two republics: West Germany, officially called the Federal Republic of Germany , to the west (capital Bonn, area about 96,000 square miles, or 249,600 square kilometers) and East Germany, officially called the German Democratic Republic , to the east (capital East Berlin area about 42,000 square miles or 108,780 square kilometers.
see also german entry 1
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- ‘Phase’ vs. ‘Faze’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game